Caregiver Support Group
If you provide care to an older adult, don’t forget to also take care of yourself. Caregivers of older adults are at an increased risk for health problems and depression, and they have 46% more physician visits than their peers.
Prairie View’s Caregiver Services offer counseling, consultation, support groups, training and encouragement to those in Harvey, Sedgwick, and Butler counties who are giving primary care to older adults. In-person, phone or video-conferencing options are available to fit your schedule. Call 800-992-6292 for more information.
We offer free caregiver support groups to help you stay healthy at the following locations and times:
- East Wichita: Prairie View - Legacy Park, 9333 E. 21st St. N., 3-4:30 pm, 1st Tuesday (open to residents of Sedgwick, Butler and Harvey counties)
- West Wichita: Prairie View - Reflection Ridge, 7570 W. 21st St. N., 3-4:30 pm, 3rd Tuesday (open to residents of Sedgwick, Butler and Harvey counties)
- Harvey County: Prairie View - Newton, 1901 E. First St., 3-4:30 pm, 2nd Thursday (open to residents of Harvey County)
These caregiver support groups are open to all adults 60 years of age and over who are caregivers as well as those who provide care to an adult age 60 and over.
Prairie View also offers caregiver support groups for caregivers of persons with Alzheimer's and other dementias as well as for both caregivers of and individuals with Parkinson's disease.
- Alzheimer's Support Group: The Cedars (Health Care Chapel), 1021 Cedars Dr., McPherson, 5:00 p.m., 2nd Tuesday
- Parkinson's Support Group: Prairie View - McPherson (Community Room), 1102 Hospital Dr., McPherson, 2:00 p.m., 2nd Tuesday