NEWTON, Kan. – Raising a child is hard work, but it can be made easier when you have the tools and knowledge you need to appropriately respond to your child. Join us each Thursday beginning Feb. 2 for eight weeks at a parenting information group to learn the following:
- Choices, consequences, & rewards
- Remaining calm during behaviors
- Common diagnoses (ADHD, mood, etc.)
- Understanding special education & IEP’s/how to help your child with school
- Managing behaviors during the holidays
- Temper tantrums
- Coping skills to use with your child
- Open topic week
The parenting information group will begin again every eight weeks with the same information presented.
There is a fee of $12.50 per session to attend. It can be billed to insurance if your child is on the SED waiver.
Meetings will take place at the Community Room of Pine Street Health Services, located at 215 S. Pine, Newton, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For information about this group, or to reserve your space, call Kathy Schmidt, parent support worker at Prairie View, Inc., at 316-281-6700.