Summer Self-Care to Benefit Your Mental Health
May 25, 2023
Happy summer from Prairie View to you! Summer is a period of time that most people look forward to, although, it can be a tough season for others. The loss of schedules and the pressures to make the most out of every moment can take a toll on one’s mental health. We live in a society who fears missing out and compares personal lives to the lives of others.
While vacations, friends and pool days are great factors to soak in this summer, the most important aspect to focus on is taking care of yourself mentally and physically. During these next few months, take the time to tend to your personal needs. There is no better time than now to start the habit!
How can you take care of your mental and physical health this summer? Take a look at some tips below to consider.
- Move Around: Endorphins are great for your mind. You can gather endorphins from going on a hike, completing a workout, kayaking, swimming, etc.
- Stay Hydrated: While you are in the sun and moving your body, remember to stay hydrated with water and electrolytes to keep your body operating as it should.
- Nourish the Body: Nutrition is key for obtaining both physical and mental benefits. Try some new and delicious foods this summer to keep your body sustained.
- Sleep Well: When schedules are lost, this often includes sleeping schedules. Make sure to get enough sleep and develop a schedule for your body to follow. This is critical for both your body and mind.
- Get Away from the Screens: Don’t forget to document your adventures, but do not spend your entire summer behind a screen. It is significant to get outside and enjoy the benefits that nature can bring to the mind, body and soul.
- Do the Things You Enjoy: Summer is a time for you! Remember to participate in the things that bring you joy. This has exponential effects on your mental health and managing stress.
While these tips can help manage stressors, please seek counsel if mental health concerns arise in your life. Prairie View is here to guide you through your questions. Take time this summer to investigate them and begin transforming your life. Please call 800-992-6292 to begin the process with us today.