Work With Us
Become part of a team that makes a difference in people’s lives. Prairie View is always looking for trained, talented mental health professionals.
Intern With Us
Prairie View is committed to helping students develop and grow in clinical and non-clinical disciplines. Our goal is to provide hands on work-based learning experiences through supervised training and coaching. Through these experiences, we will empower students to be compassionate, competent, and confident professionals.
- Clinical training is primarily provided to graduate nursing students, medical students, psychology interns, psychology practicum students, and social work field placement students. Internship availability is based on the needs of Prairie View.
- Limited opportunities may be available for undergraduate internships.
- Non-clinical internships are accepted case by case, depending on the needs within the organization. These areas include, but are not limited to undergraduate and graduate level Marketing, Business Development, Fitness/Recreation Therapy, and Medical Records.
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited school during their placement with Prairie View. The school must have an Affiliate Agreement on file with Prairie View prior to the start of the internship. (Schools we have worked with in the past may have an Affiliate Agreement with Prairie View already.)
- All internships are unpaid.
- All interns will complete an Exit Interview with the Director of Employee Engagement and Development at the completion of their internship. This helps Prairie View evaluate the effectiveness of the experience and the satisfaction of the intern.
Internship Application Process
To be considered for an internship with Prairie View, please submit a completed application with all requested documents to the Director of Employee Engagement and Development within Human Resources.
Only applications with the following will be reviewed.
- Completed Application- Application can be found above
- Cover letter (Explaining your educational and professional background, your hopes for the internship/student learning opportunity, and your plans for the future.)
Submit all documents above to the Director of Employee Engagement and Development, Natalie Toney, at email@example.com.
- Review of completed application packet for qualified student intern.
- Applicants who do not match open positions, will be informed via email and may be encouraged to apply in a future semester, if interested.
- Qualified applicants will interview with potential on-site intern supervisor, or whoever that department deems necessary to participate in the interview.
- The on-site intern supervisor will make the Director of Employee Engagement and Development aware of the intern selection decision and give them a start date for the applicant.
Offer and Start Process
- The Director of Employee Engagement and Development will correspond with the applicant via email to let them know the selection decision.
- If selected, the Director of Employee Engagement and Development will schedule a meeting to go over all required forms prior to the interns start date. Internship placement offers are contingent upon the completion and return of all required forms. Failure to complete these forms will delay the start date of the internship and could result in rescinding the internship placement offer.
- On the interns start date, the intern will briefly meet with the Director of Employee Engagement and Development to finalize paperwork. The intern will then be escorted to their on-site intern supervisor.