Parenting Course Set to Begin in October
October 3, 2022
NEWTON, Kan. (October 3, 2022) – A six-week parenting class will soon be offered through Prairie View.
The class will follow the nationally recognized Parenting the Love and Logic Way curriculum by Charles Fay, PhD, and Jim Fay. Participants will learn:
- How to avoid power struggles and arguments
- How to stay calm and empathetic
- How to set enforceable limits
- How to avoid enabling and begin empowering
- How to help kids learn from mistakes rather than repeating them
- How to raise kids who are family team members
The course is free to all parents with a client on the SED Waiver, and is open to the community. There is a small charge for those not on the Waiver. A free book is included with registration.
Classes will begin the second week of October, with four convenient start times:
- October 11, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., at Prairie View
- October 11, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Prairie View
- October 14, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., at Prairie View
- October 15, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Zoom
Weekly gift card drawings will take place, and perfect attendance awards will be given.
For more information or to register, contact Jennifer Jepsen, parent support specialist, at email@example.com or 316-530-3860.